Calling all Teachers!!
If you have a favourite resource and you are willing to share it by contributing to this list, please drop me a note using the Contact Page.
- CBC documentary (Video): The Eighth Fire https://www.cbc.ca/doczone/8thfire/
- Indigenous Peoples Television Network (APTN) – https://www.aptn.ca/
- https://www.maei-ppw.ca/exemplary_classroom_practice.html – a great resource listing of many lesson plans and ideas for the classroom.
- https://www.fourdirectionsteachings.com/main.html AMAZING !!!! A wonderful video that introduces Indigenous Peoples of Canada- interactive and inspiring for students and teachers alike.
- https://www.scs.sk.ca/cyber/elem/learningcommunity/6/1/curr_content/indigenous_res/Indigenous themed lesson plans.
- Home page for the Metis Assoc. of Ontario – https://www.metisnation.org/
- Kids Stop – Kid’s Stop – provided by Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Canada https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1315444613519/1315444663239
- “In My Own Eyes” online photo gallery – a fascinating website showcasing the photos of 50 Indigenous students in grades 6, 7 and 8 who were given cameras to document their world through their own eyes. These photos will form part of the Harbourfront Planet Indigenous festival. Go to : https://www.inmyowneyes.ca/
- In school visitations, groups facilitation/presentations https://www.ravenspeaks.ca
- Goodminds.com – Excellent First Nations, Inuit and Metis Resources https://www.goodminds.com
- Native Reflections – FNMI resources, posters, craft kits etc.. https://www.nativereflections.com/products.php
Teaching Resources/Lesson Plans:
- Indigenous Perspectives : The Teacher’s Tool Kit https://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/indigenous/toolkit.html
- Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Canada (AANDC formerly INAC) Publications catalogue for ordering free resources: https://pse-esd.ainc.gc.ca/pubcbw/catalog-eng.asp?start=0
- Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario (ETFO) PJI Canadian Indigenous Festival Curriculum Connections Resources listed at: https://www.etfo.ca/resources/forteachers/pages/default.aspx